Monday 2 August 2010

Little TV addict

MM is absolutely crazy about Thomas the Tank Engine just now. I blame myself after the excitement of Thomasland.

Still, he can differentiate between all these different engines on screen or in books now so he must be learning something at the same time: Thomas, Gordon, James, Henry, Percy, Toby, Emily and Spencer as well as trying to say 'troller' for the Fat Controller and to my amusement "trouble" since the narrator always seems to say "then there was trouble!"

I've really noticed a big difference in his words now, they're coming thick and fast and he's repeating back a lot of what I say to him now. I find it fascinating as he learns and remembers little things. He's almost gotten the cast of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse down now too: Mickey! Goofy! Daisy, Pete, Pluto and trying to say Clarabelle :)

His favourites are Thomas the Tank Engine, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Mr Moon, Franny's Feet, Little Einsteins, Bob the Builder and the film The Lion King. I could probably recite his Thomas movie and The Lion King backwards in my sleep.

He's still crazy about animals recognising and saying elephant (eppa), giraffe (raff), tiger, lion (he usually calls it a lion-tiger), meerkat, bird, flamingo (mingo), dog, cat, snake, bee, snail, sheep, pig, horse, monkey, duck, chicken, cow, shark, fish, dinosaur (dino/dono), owl, bear, mouse, frog, seal, penguin and dragon - all with sounds too :)

I'm always trying to get him to read or sit for a story more but he's so active it's hard to get him to sit still. I can't believe how much he takes in from the TV though - Playhouse Disney is a great channel, no ads and back to back programmes that he's learning from. He's daft about rockets too thanks to Little Einsteins and I find he tries to make a rocket ("whoosh!") out of everything from his juice bottle to a crayon. Fun times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment